Sunday, December 24, 2006

Rules of Ettiquette and a little detour on reasonability.

You simply do not rudely wake someone up twice and expect them to be in a good mood and gracious enough to entertain you. The first time was for a verbal reprimmand which was poorly timed and in bad effect. The second time was by a different person who verbally abused or offends you and expects you to wake up without giving a proper reason.

I refused to 'wake up' and leave for lunch together with my family simply because that is NOT the way to do things and it is unreasonable. It wasn't so much that I couldn't, or that I was angry. I wasn't angry at all. I refused on the grounds of lack of reason and I do not approve of behaviour which did not coincide with logic. I was surprisingly polite enough to refute and not argue back.

As for my sister who gave a poor excuse that it wasted her time because my mother wanted the family to have a meal together, I did not accept it either. The reason was because her complaint was based on the grounds of selfishness and I refuse to accept that either. If the reason was based on family unity or some other similar more caring intention, I would have accepted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

simple hit counter