Saturday, July 14, 2007

Ethics.

I was rather upset this morning and I wanted to write about it. Now that some time has passed, I think back about how I felt and I realised it was petty to write of it. I had a short moral reasoning with myself. To write or not to write, that was the question.

I went for a game of rugby this morning. The funny thing was I never got to play the game of rugby. The reason cited was I did not graduate from that particular institution therefore I do not belong in the alumni and only the alumni may play.

Having served in the army and stepped out of the society's conformity, I was rather upset by that particular teacher's attitude. The institution was not renown, the event was a gathering aimed at creating cohesion and sharing of experiences. Why the need for such clear cut lines?

Even then, the person identifies themselves with the institution but as a representative of the institution, you do not recognise them? Others which graduated who would be recognised wasn't even there. Tell me of the irony of it. The person has already made an effort to come down. Were there any laws that forbade them from joining?

You could have allowed them to join but you choose not to. In doing so have you shown your true colours and your fear of persecution in face of doing that which could be right.

He has lost any respect I previously held for him.

The capability and skill of the athletes is reflected by the coach. It was a disappointment.

That institution holds nothing for me now. I have no desire to look back on any aspect of it and I regretted spending my one year there. My wasted youth.

And I had wondered why people disliked him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

simple hit counter