Vigilantism.
I watched the movie "The Brave One" recently. It touched me strongly as I am a strong believer (and supporter if possible, and guilty of it at times) of vigilantism. I used to believe strongly in the Law. Hah. The Legislature, the Executor and the Judiciary. Until I've seen enough crimes committed and criminals walk away free.
I admit fully that I was a criminal before. Something which I absolutely hated and contempt. I was a petty thief when I was young because I didn't had the monetary power my peers had. I stole what I wanted and enjoyed without much thought for the consequences and I have never been prosecuted by the authorities for whatever I did. I didn't had the moral foundations back then either to reason the rightfulness of my deeds.
Looking back in retrospect, I do not have any remorse for what was done back then but I would regret and be extremely remorseful if I commit any dishonourable acts nowadays wilful or not.
However, this "criminal" experience and others miscellaneous misdeeds enlightened me to the truth of the law. If there is no evidence to show the court, or to arrest the criminal, he goes free. As simple as that. A well executed crime can cost much monetary loss and damage to property with the criminals escaping without retribution.
Even with sufficient evidence and with the bastard incriminating himself before the court, the lawyer can do a splendid job of defending the bastard and giving him an extremely light sentence disproportionate to the damage caused.
Who then can punish this outlaw?
Hence, vigilantism. A vigilante. Like The Punisher, Batman, Spiderman etc. One who is not bounded by the impunities of the law.
Oh what I did give, to have a licence to kill. I would walk the streets like Jodie Foster with a vengeance for any and all criminals regardless of age. Conviction has long been my strength and resolve against immorality.
Being an atheist myself, I know there is no god to instigate any form of payback. As the saying goes, how can there be a god when there is so much injustice on the face of earth. And the christian replied, that humans have free will and god is not privy to the decisions of man.
I say we shoot them all. Since god will not do his work then we shall do the bloody work of prosecuting every criminal with extreme prejudice. My heart goes out to all the vigilantes who work tirelessly against the criminals and suffered for their righteous deeds.
It is a pity that anything you want done in the world, has to be done by yourself.
Just tonight I was the victim of petty theft. What upsets me severely was not the item that is stolen. What upsets me was the identity of the perpetrator and the intent. If a child commits a crime because of lack of knowledge and morals, we cannot blame the child but, we must guide and teach him. If an adult commits a crime, it is in spite of the knowledge of the law, of civic moral values and of society.
He who breaks the law is in disagreement with the unsaid statutes bounding the society together and is therefore by his actions, an anarchist. I refuse to compromise with acceptance of petty crime. The criminal must be apprehended and terrible justice exacted upon his damned existence.
Justice is paid in the sweat and blood of the vigilantes who persevered when the law has faltered.
I watched the movie "The Brave One" recently. It touched me strongly as I am a strong believer (and supporter if possible, and guilty of it at times) of vigilantism. I used to believe strongly in the Law. Hah. The Legislature, the Executor and the Judiciary. Until I've seen enough crimes committed and criminals walk away free.
I admit fully that I was a criminal before. Something which I absolutely hated and contempt. I was a petty thief when I was young because I didn't had the monetary power my peers had. I stole what I wanted and enjoyed without much thought for the consequences and I have never been prosecuted by the authorities for whatever I did. I didn't had the moral foundations back then either to reason the rightfulness of my deeds.
Looking back in retrospect, I do not have any remorse for what was done back then but I would regret and be extremely remorseful if I commit any dishonourable acts nowadays wilful or not.
However, this "criminal" experience and others miscellaneous misdeeds enlightened me to the truth of the law. If there is no evidence to show the court, or to arrest the criminal, he goes free. As simple as that. A well executed crime can cost much monetary loss and damage to property with the criminals escaping without retribution.
Even with sufficient evidence and with the bastard incriminating himself before the court, the lawyer can do a splendid job of defending the bastard and giving him an extremely light sentence disproportionate to the damage caused.
Who then can punish this outlaw?
Hence, vigilantism. A vigilante. Like The Punisher, Batman, Spiderman etc. One who is not bounded by the impunities of the law.
Oh what I did give, to have a licence to kill. I would walk the streets like Jodie Foster with a vengeance for any and all criminals regardless of age. Conviction has long been my strength and resolve against immorality.
Being an atheist myself, I know there is no god to instigate any form of payback. As the saying goes, how can there be a god when there is so much injustice on the face of earth. And the christian replied, that humans have free will and god is not privy to the decisions of man.
I say we shoot them all. Since god will not do his work then we shall do the bloody work of prosecuting every criminal with extreme prejudice. My heart goes out to all the vigilantes who work tirelessly against the criminals and suffered for their righteous deeds.
It is a pity that anything you want done in the world, has to be done by yourself.
Just tonight I was the victim of petty theft. What upsets me severely was not the item that is stolen. What upsets me was the identity of the perpetrator and the intent. If a child commits a crime because of lack of knowledge and morals, we cannot blame the child but, we must guide and teach him. If an adult commits a crime, it is in spite of the knowledge of the law, of civic moral values and of society.
He who breaks the law is in disagreement with the unsaid statutes bounding the society together and is therefore by his actions, an anarchist. I refuse to compromise with acceptance of petty crime. The criminal must be apprehended and terrible justice exacted upon his damned existence.
Justice is paid in the sweat and blood of the vigilantes who persevered when the law has faltered.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home