Saturday, December 12, 2009

Revelation!

And moving on with your life. As a matter of fact right now I a just typing out what I'm thinking without really wanting to correct what I'm "thinking" or "saying". I actually wanted to type and moving on with life*

I think I said *your* in reference to myself, speaking from a third person's perspective.

I just watched a cartoon "family guy", one of the episodes, with gave me a great revelation and a profound understanding of why we are "common" and "un-achieving".

The problem lies in watching sitcoms and serial drama of people who do not become greater in life. The thing about sitcoms is that they show people trying out things they like, going for a bit then they "give up" so the sitcom can continue.

Its like creating a never ending cycle of striving and failing and they give myriad reasons for not "going" for their dreams and this creates a "destructive" cycle and thinking in us because we see that it is normal and perfectly acceptable to fail, to give up our dreams, to return to a "normal" life.

That is not normal.

If I ever become a parent I will refuse to let my children watch some horrible nonsense. These things we watch everyday rewires our brains and make us lesser beings, imagine when we're children, we're so impressionable. We'd believe and re-organise our reality according to what we see.

While Sitcoms, serial drama, cartoons which are re-occuring are nice to watch, I think they destroy a person's ambitions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

simple hit counter