The following oath was translated from Medieval Latin and is found on the tomb of a knight of Malta in northwestern France. It dates from 1560 A.D.
"I do solemnly swear by Almighty God and His Name, and in free and voluntary desire, to serve as a Knight of Malta of the most holy Order of Saint John of Jerusalem. I do swear by the Eternal Power of the Trinity, to be both a true and chivalric Knight, to obey my Commanders and to aid my bretheren. I also swear by all that is holy and dear unto me, to aid those less fortunate than I, to relieve the distress of the world and to fulfill my knightly obligations. This oath do I give of my own free and independent will, so help me God!
Amen!"
From the events that have happened. It is clear to me that a life lead purely for your own interest is a life of slander and dishonour. It seems that I have to take a solemn vow of my own, as had a friend, as urged too by another friend. To fulfill a responsibility to yourself and to others whom place their trust in you. Although it would seem Cliched to begin with 'I do solemnly swear' or use the above quote as a base for my vow... It seemed a more practical approach.
I do solemnly swear by my life and my honour, and in free and voluntary desire, to pledge my life to serving my friends, to place the well being of others before my own and to lead a virtuous life. I do swear to uphold a code of honour; to harm none who have not trespass against others, to be compassionate, forgiving and sacrificing, to live a disciplined life according to ideals of chivalry. I also swear by all that is holy and dear unto me; to not abide if injustice and evil is afoot, to respect others as I would respect myself, to not commit any act that is decadent and foul, to be lawful and honest, even as to speak the truth even if it means my end and to fulfill obligations of honour. I ask for forgiveness for my sins were I to commit them against this sacred vow and my kin. This oath do I give of my own free and independant will.
"I do solemnly swear by Almighty God and His Name, and in free and voluntary desire, to serve as a Knight of Malta of the most holy Order of Saint John of Jerusalem. I do swear by the Eternal Power of the Trinity, to be both a true and chivalric Knight, to obey my Commanders and to aid my bretheren. I also swear by all that is holy and dear unto me, to aid those less fortunate than I, to relieve the distress of the world and to fulfill my knightly obligations. This oath do I give of my own free and independent will, so help me God!
Amen!"
From the events that have happened. It is clear to me that a life lead purely for your own interest is a life of slander and dishonour. It seems that I have to take a solemn vow of my own, as had a friend, as urged too by another friend. To fulfill a responsibility to yourself and to others whom place their trust in you. Although it would seem Cliched to begin with 'I do solemnly swear' or use the above quote as a base for my vow... It seemed a more practical approach.
I do solemnly swear by my life and my honour, and in free and voluntary desire, to pledge my life to serving my friends, to place the well being of others before my own and to lead a virtuous life. I do swear to uphold a code of honour; to harm none who have not trespass against others, to be compassionate, forgiving and sacrificing, to live a disciplined life according to ideals of chivalry. I also swear by all that is holy and dear unto me; to not abide if injustice and evil is afoot, to respect others as I would respect myself, to not commit any act that is decadent and foul, to be lawful and honest, even as to speak the truth even if it means my end and to fulfill obligations of honour. I ask for forgiveness for my sins were I to commit them against this sacred vow and my kin. This oath do I give of my own free and independant will.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home