Its been a long time since I've written. Its a great morning today. Had a cup of iced fruit tea as I listen to some jazz. It is cooling and serene. I miss mornings like this. Simple and elegeant.
The weeks flew past me and before I know it, I am a Corporal now, serving in the Singapore Armed Forces. BSLC is over. Elation and postings continues. SISPEC did a lot of things for me. The commanders and instructors who trained me were superb individuals who shown that not all of the SAF is screwed up.
I am sad and disappointed that the SAF is unprofessional and unethical in its internal runnings. As my PWO (Platoon Warrant Officer, basically serves the same role as a Platoon Sergeant) says, the SAF is a good organisation and it is a good system, but it is because of the bad eggs which spoils the market. I would have signed on, I love army life.
There is instilled within yourself, a feeling of pride, that you are a NCO, a Non Commissioned Officer. It would probably be nice to be an Officer, but the Esprit De Corps is more evident within the NCOs. I was fortunate my platoon was an outstanding platoon. We had the right mix of people, enough amount of insanity and spirit to overcome the obstacles we encountered.
I am proud, nay, very honoured that I am part of such an outstanding corps. I feel that in becoming a Specialist, I learn more and benefit more than in becoming an Officer. Now I'm posted to the PTI Course (Physical Training Instructor) and it won't be easy, but I'll love it.
As I look at the civilians in the streets, I could only feel disgust for the men who had served in the military and came out with such horrendous attitude and lack of pride and valour, chivalry etc. Whichever worthy values you would like to put in, they have it not. Having been through the system, I could not understand how could one not benefit from some aspects of the military. No doubt it may not be a flawless system, it could benefit many people so long as they placed their hearts and minds to it.
As for the females of this country, I pity the fact that they do not have the benefit as the males do of serving the country. It is an intrinsic feeling, something that is nurtured and grows deep inside of you. It gives you purpose in some ways, that you belong to a proud select group of men, that you can hold your head high and bear the storms of life without so much as flinching.
I think of the criminals and second class citizens in this country. They 'commit treason' so freely. By not loving their country, by their acts which were uncourteous and vain, holding no thought for their fellow country men. Do they not know that they make up the country? Do they not know that by their actions they are the objects of their own sentiments and disappointment?
I quote, "Life is not lost by dying. Life is lost day by day, in all the small thousand uncaring ways."
I was the object of their vilification and for a while I thought it mattered. They who villified me, did not went into Command School. Says quite a bit about their abilities and character. These people, were A level graduates and Diploma holders. I shudder to think of the 'lesser' people who are not even of the grade of O levels.
There are exceptions however, that academic qualifications do not reflect everything. But these people are few and rare, that it is safer to discriminate the 'lower class' then to give all of them a chance. Should one meet such an exceptional individual who differs from the rest, one should give him/her chance to show their quality and not continue with prejudice.
The sufferings which they complain of, they deserve. For they do not fight for a brighter and happier future for everyone, but live within a myopic scope of their own where they dream about their selfish ambitions.
And I had hoped to help the citizenry of Singapore by fighting for their liberties.
The weeks flew past me and before I know it, I am a Corporal now, serving in the Singapore Armed Forces. BSLC is over. Elation and postings continues. SISPEC did a lot of things for me. The commanders and instructors who trained me were superb individuals who shown that not all of the SAF is screwed up.
I am sad and disappointed that the SAF is unprofessional and unethical in its internal runnings. As my PWO (Platoon Warrant Officer, basically serves the same role as a Platoon Sergeant) says, the SAF is a good organisation and it is a good system, but it is because of the bad eggs which spoils the market. I would have signed on, I love army life.
There is instilled within yourself, a feeling of pride, that you are a NCO, a Non Commissioned Officer. It would probably be nice to be an Officer, but the Esprit De Corps is more evident within the NCOs. I was fortunate my platoon was an outstanding platoon. We had the right mix of people, enough amount of insanity and spirit to overcome the obstacles we encountered.
I am proud, nay, very honoured that I am part of such an outstanding corps. I feel that in becoming a Specialist, I learn more and benefit more than in becoming an Officer. Now I'm posted to the PTI Course (Physical Training Instructor) and it won't be easy, but I'll love it.
As I look at the civilians in the streets, I could only feel disgust for the men who had served in the military and came out with such horrendous attitude and lack of pride and valour, chivalry etc. Whichever worthy values you would like to put in, they have it not. Having been through the system, I could not understand how could one not benefit from some aspects of the military. No doubt it may not be a flawless system, it could benefit many people so long as they placed their hearts and minds to it.
As for the females of this country, I pity the fact that they do not have the benefit as the males do of serving the country. It is an intrinsic feeling, something that is nurtured and grows deep inside of you. It gives you purpose in some ways, that you belong to a proud select group of men, that you can hold your head high and bear the storms of life without so much as flinching.
I think of the criminals and second class citizens in this country. They 'commit treason' so freely. By not loving their country, by their acts which were uncourteous and vain, holding no thought for their fellow country men. Do they not know that they make up the country? Do they not know that by their actions they are the objects of their own sentiments and disappointment?
I quote, "Life is not lost by dying. Life is lost day by day, in all the small thousand uncaring ways."
I was the object of their vilification and for a while I thought it mattered. They who villified me, did not went into Command School. Says quite a bit about their abilities and character. These people, were A level graduates and Diploma holders. I shudder to think of the 'lesser' people who are not even of the grade of O levels.
There are exceptions however, that academic qualifications do not reflect everything. But these people are few and rare, that it is safer to discriminate the 'lower class' then to give all of them a chance. Should one meet such an exceptional individual who differs from the rest, one should give him/her chance to show their quality and not continue with prejudice.
The sufferings which they complain of, they deserve. For they do not fight for a brighter and happier future for everyone, but live within a myopic scope of their own where they dream about their selfish ambitions.
And I had hoped to help the citizenry of Singapore by fighting for their liberties.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home