Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Crash.

And slide and skid heads over heels!

Fell down from the bike yesterday morning. It was a remarkably fun experience. Some thoughts ran through my mind when I fell and injured myself.

First, I said.

I'm fucked.

Then I relaxed and let physics and biomechanics take over. After tumbling over my bike in a not so spectacular fashion, I ended up underneath it very much alive with no fractured bones. Quite a miracle I must say except that I skidded on the floor while I was at it.

Brushing myself down as I stood up, I did a quick injury assessment. Checked for abrasions and profuse bleeding. Minor scratches here and there. Worse injury was the right elbow. It was abraded slightly deeper into the skin by a tiny bit. All superficial injuries. The right side of my hip felt sore and right knee was numb.

Finished with injury assessment, time for first aid. Washed the wounds a little to prevent infection. As I pushed by bicycle to the toilet, I thought to myself that I was bloody lucky to get away with such minor injuries and no concussion. Hell, the human body is both highly resillient and fragile at the same time.

Took a shower later to clean the wounds thoroughly. It was thrilling to get injured. The biting sensations, pain, makes you feel alive. The only disappointment, was recovery. It is always a bitch to recover. Well, it was fun, but I got to remember to be more safe on the bike and not to miss any important training and lessons because of it.

Ah well. Injuries getting better today already. Should be done by Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

simple hit counter