Exasperation.
Recently I am involved in a tournament for a game. I've fought an opponent for 2 rounds, total of 4 matches each to a stand still. I won two matches he won two matches. It was a good match, but bloody bloody exasperating. I think I'm going to stop competitively gaming.
Apart from that. I had to run 8km today. I was proud I covered it but I felt it was pointless. It didn't achieve anything. At the end of it all, I was bloody tired, suffered from a slight fever, feeling terrible. To be more precise, I ran 4km. Jogged, walked, struggled the next 4km. Had diarrhoea at the 7 km mark or so. Actually, I think its more like stress induced from running. Proceeded to finish the run after leaving the toilet.
Took me one bloody hour to complete it.
I didn't manage to do my work when I came home. Was dead tired. Rather burnt out.
I wish I could have done a better job, wished I could have been better.
The price to pay, to fight to become the first. Company of Heroes may just be a game, but in real life, I face such issues too. Like Sport Fencing or any competitive activity I took part in. The price in sweat and broken dreams a person must pay to become first.
Or was it only difficult for me? And easily achieved for others?
Once again, I did my best. And the best wasn't good enough.
Recently I am involved in a tournament for a game. I've fought an opponent for 2 rounds, total of 4 matches each to a stand still. I won two matches he won two matches. It was a good match, but bloody bloody exasperating. I think I'm going to stop competitively gaming.
Apart from that. I had to run 8km today. I was proud I covered it but I felt it was pointless. It didn't achieve anything. At the end of it all, I was bloody tired, suffered from a slight fever, feeling terrible. To be more precise, I ran 4km. Jogged, walked, struggled the next 4km. Had diarrhoea at the 7 km mark or so. Actually, I think its more like stress induced from running. Proceeded to finish the run after leaving the toilet.
Took me one bloody hour to complete it.
I didn't manage to do my work when I came home. Was dead tired. Rather burnt out.
I wish I could have done a better job, wished I could have been better.
The price to pay, to fight to become the first. Company of Heroes may just be a game, but in real life, I face such issues too. Like Sport Fencing or any competitive activity I took part in. The price in sweat and broken dreams a person must pay to become first.
Or was it only difficult for me? And easily achieved for others?
Once again, I did my best. And the best wasn't good enough.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home