The impetus to write.
Ever since I have enlisted, I slowly declined over time to write. Be it to write of my thoughts, or to write a diary they were not as often nor as in depth as I would have liked them to be. Perhaps on entering the army, it changed my thinking a little that I perceived writing to be a waste of time. Why waste time with words when action speaks volumes? Why write when you can cause change through your actions.
At times I didn't write because I find that I didn't had the time to write. I would love to read and share some of the philosophical/political view points and conclusions I had on modern issues. It is a joy to write, share and discuss on such topics.
The lack of desire to write could also be the eventual acquiesce of injustice. It is a common cliche of modern anti-heroes/villians who goes along the line of "This changes nothing." To be driven to write, in my opinion, is to be passionate about what you want to write about and more importantly, the belief some how that what is written will come into effect. Perceiving that your writing will serve no purpose is quite discouraging at times.
But still I wrote, if not to remember how I was like, to think back and review constantly if I had been a man and remained true to my words and thoughts.
Ever since I have enlisted, I slowly declined over time to write. Be it to write of my thoughts, or to write a diary they were not as often nor as in depth as I would have liked them to be. Perhaps on entering the army, it changed my thinking a little that I perceived writing to be a waste of time. Why waste time with words when action speaks volumes? Why write when you can cause change through your actions.
At times I didn't write because I find that I didn't had the time to write. I would love to read and share some of the philosophical/political view points and conclusions I had on modern issues. It is a joy to write, share and discuss on such topics.
The lack of desire to write could also be the eventual acquiesce of injustice. It is a common cliche of modern anti-heroes/villians who goes along the line of "This changes nothing." To be driven to write, in my opinion, is to be passionate about what you want to write about and more importantly, the belief some how that what is written will come into effect. Perceiving that your writing will serve no purpose is quite discouraging at times.
But still I wrote, if not to remember how I was like, to think back and review constantly if I had been a man and remained true to my words and thoughts.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home