A Sprint Triathlon.
without the swim. I did about 23 km cycle followed by a 5km run today. What possessed me to think that this would be fun is beyond me. The cycling was alright, wasn't too hard. I didn't go too fast as I still had a running segment afterwards.
When I did the run... I was quite fired up in the first two rounds. Then the next four rounds I taper down my pace as I was going too fast, still rather excited from my cycling. The next 6 and a half rounds, was not a killer. It wasn't tough but it sure as hell was dreary.
I wasn't exhausted, my breathing was still fine, my muscles were still going good, no ache but I was just simply out of energy. You get the feeling that you want to move your legs but there was no energy any where to summon it from. It wasn't anything that was holding me back but just the sheer lack of power. Like somebody switched off the fuel supply.
After I finished... I just kept moving. Stopping just felt odd. It was great to complete that. Next time... I'm going to have to do a swim segment.
I initially thought I wanted to do a 15km bike and a 2.4 or 3km run. Jeez.
Good news. I have lost weight and dropped to 78 kg! Triathlon, way to go! On the flip side, my face is becoming a little sharper and more gaunt. Meh.
without the swim. I did about 23 km cycle followed by a 5km run today. What possessed me to think that this would be fun is beyond me. The cycling was alright, wasn't too hard. I didn't go too fast as I still had a running segment afterwards.
When I did the run... I was quite fired up in the first two rounds. Then the next four rounds I taper down my pace as I was going too fast, still rather excited from my cycling. The next 6 and a half rounds, was not a killer. It wasn't tough but it sure as hell was dreary.
I wasn't exhausted, my breathing was still fine, my muscles were still going good, no ache but I was just simply out of energy. You get the feeling that you want to move your legs but there was no energy any where to summon it from. It wasn't anything that was holding me back but just the sheer lack of power. Like somebody switched off the fuel supply.
After I finished... I just kept moving. Stopping just felt odd. It was great to complete that. Next time... I'm going to have to do a swim segment.
I initially thought I wanted to do a 15km bike and a 2.4 or 3km run. Jeez.
Good news. I have lost weight and dropped to 78 kg! Triathlon, way to go! On the flip side, my face is becoming a little sharper and more gaunt. Meh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home