Friday, June 05, 2009

Silent. again.

I think the times when we do not feel like writing, are the times when we have the most amount of things to write about. The last which I wrote frequently about my thoughts and my reflections was in Secondary School, where I kept a diary consistently to review my thoughts and actions... partly because I thought it was a "cool" classic thing to do, to have a leather bound book compiling your daily thoughts.

It was one of the many cartoons I watched which left very strong impressions on me, generally about the Victorian era which touched me strongly on the areas of class, nobility etc. One of these cartoons/movies was "Great Expectations".

I am about to come to the end of my 2 weeks ICT and I feel somewhat unfulfilled. It was not hard, it was slack. I didn't like the attitudes of the PTIs there and it brought to light very painfully, on why the PTI vocation will soon be removed from the SAF.

I was complimented by the OC and the Senior Instructor on my conduct of a training programme which I have developed with a team. Pride, arrogance, yes. I could have done it easily myself. I only involved a team because it was necessary to hand it down etc. I think it is the greatest form of compliment one can ever receive in the army, to be praised by a regular when you're only a NSF and better yet now, a NS man.

I still remember the words of one of the warrant officer who commented about my ORD... as "A loss to the organisation, but a gain for society". Some things touch my heart deeply about life and as much as I love recognition, the truth is as well, that I am passionate about my job and I want to get things done.

I have been doing a lot of reflection lately about my current job as well and a good feedback from an Australian friend of mine. He described the problems I'm facing, as the result of the difference between a "Job" and a "Career". I cannot agree anymore with him with this point. I've made up my mind to resign from my job, once I've tied up all the loose strings which came up to be a lot.

In my job, I've learnt a lot of things about management, leadership, accomplishment of tasks, documentation, controls etc. I'm grateful to the amount of benefits I've gained and I am only sad that I am not capable enough to fulfil the role I am given, as a marketing executive.

One always desire to leave the current life, and always see the future elsewhere as something better. As the proverb goes, the grass is always greener on the other side.

As usual, at night, I love to write and stay awake and read. Horribly bad habit.

I would like to end with a note, to my close friends (be it if you read this or not) that, although I always write about my personal reflections and feelings... you're never far from my thoughts and I'll always think of you solemnly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

simple hit counter