Chinese Nationalist.
Some things I read/research about on a regular basis.
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%84%9B%E5%9C%8B%E4%B8%BB%E7%BE%A9 - I don't understand a single thing written on it (I hate reading "blocky" versions of chinese text) but I love that statue in the picture!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriotism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_nationalism
There is just something exquisitely intrinsic and transcendent when one thinks of the phrase 爱国 and the word 国 itself.
The prounciation of the word is 'Guo', which is full sounding and gives an all encompassing feeling. At the same time, the word "Ai" gives a sense of longing, of some tragic emotion for the state. It is an unexplainable meaning, which can only be understood by people with similarly strong notions of patriotism.
As much as I hate Singapore, I am actually strongly nationalistic and patriotic... sadly Singapore gives me little reason to be patriotic of it. When I think of Patriotism, I tend to think of chinese nationalism instead, thinking of a unified chinese culture and Singapore itself, as a chinese country.
Some things I read/research about on a regular basis.
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%84%9B%E5%9C%8B%E4%B8%BB%E7%BE%A9 - I don't understand a single thing written on it (I hate reading "blocky" versions of chinese text) but I love that statue in the picture!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriotism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_nationalism
There is just something exquisitely intrinsic and transcendent when one thinks of the phrase 爱国 and the word 国 itself.
The prounciation of the word is 'Guo', which is full sounding and gives an all encompassing feeling. At the same time, the word "Ai" gives a sense of longing, of some tragic emotion for the state. It is an unexplainable meaning, which can only be understood by people with similarly strong notions of patriotism.
As much as I hate Singapore, I am actually strongly nationalistic and patriotic... sadly Singapore gives me little reason to be patriotic of it. When I think of Patriotism, I tend to think of chinese nationalism instead, thinking of a unified chinese culture and Singapore itself, as a chinese country.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home