Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I had breakfast today with my family. My brother mentioned to me, that a friend or particular acquaintance of his, whom had spoke with me extensively had an opinion of me. The opinion was that, I talk too much and had little action to back it up. In order words. "Talk cock". Also that, I had unrealistic dreams. I was depressed when I heard it, I had a rough idea of who the person might be. If it is that person, I am greatly saddened. I hope it isn't. Though a small voice inside of me says that they who scorn the dreams of others have little in the way of their own dreams and self-esteem. It is arrogant to think so but I digress.

To pursue the issue further, the only way I would share my dreams was if the person inquired about it and led to a liberal conversation without a bias view. Obviously I was wrong. Thats when I like to ask. Why judge others, when others have not judged you? Why ask for another person's view of life and aspirations if you dislike it? With inference from experience, I suspect that the person's purpose in having such a conversation was merely to build contacts and give a false appearance of being interested in the affairs of the concerned party, hence appearing friendly and likeable (which I am guilty of myself). Although this is highly demeaning, unfair and not to mention, hypocritical, to think of that person in this way, but it is a possibility. Should this truly be the case, is it not hypocritical to ask for something that you're not interested in and when it does not meet your expectations, you condemn it?

I would assume that the above is not the case and that I'm being too defensive, showing that I indeed am guilty of it. It would be sad that one cannot share their beliefs with others for fear of being an outcast, hiding behind a mask. If such is the case, then I have met many who wore too many masks. I fear I succumb to conviction in this case. My judgement of this issue is clouded at the moment. Calm should grant a clearer view of what truly is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

simple hit counter