Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Joy!

I went to the adidas shop to get myself a running shoe. I really need a new pair as my asics running shoe was worn out by the PTI course. It is still serviceable but just barely.

I went into the shop and ran into a sales assistant which I had a short talk with last time (along with AJ). He was really nice and helped me did a running gait test to see what sort of shoe I should wear and explained the characteristics of my gait and pronation. He recommended me two pairs of shoes, both priced exclusively at 199 SGD and 209 SGD without discount!

I was really grateful for his service but I declined politely as I could not afford it. I could only purchase a similar model which has 30% discount priced at 199 SGD. He proceeded to inform me that the model I picked was an old model which serves essentially the same purpose as the 209 SGD one. On top of that, he gave me a 30% discount too! On an item which didn't had discount!

He explained that the 209 SGD model was the newer one and serves the same purpose. He offered to make a "staff purchase", thus entitled to his benefits... I was pretty lost for words. I am at a loss to describe my gratitude to his kindness and service. In my excitement I forgot to ask his name, but I did shook his hand firmly.

Great guy. He decline my offers of a treat, or drink, or anything in return... Damn. He even offered the 30% discount for my subsequent purchases and any purchases my friend makes within the next 2 days as the discount ends by Feb!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he likes you, a lot.

Go for it! Hehehe...

~A.

10:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

simple hit counter