The Past.
I miss being the person I used to be. Full of confidence, life, vigour and determination. Quite a lot of dedication, to my own training, to my beliefs and to many things. Now, I'm more of a 'been there, done that' sort of attitude. Perhaps too laid back, too cynical about things when I should be optimistic.
Men who for truth and honor's sake
Stand fast and suffer long.
Brave men who work while others sleep,
Who dare while others fly...
They build a nation's pillars deep
And lift them to the sky.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson, from "A Nation's Strength
I miss being the person I used to be. Full of confidence, life, vigour and determination. Quite a lot of dedication, to my own training, to my beliefs and to many things. Now, I'm more of a 'been there, done that' sort of attitude. Perhaps too laid back, too cynical about things when I should be optimistic.
Men who for truth and honor's sake
Stand fast and suffer long.
Brave men who work while others sleep,
Who dare while others fly...
They build a nation's pillars deep
And lift them to the sky.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson, from "A Nation's Strength

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home