Friday, March 23, 2007

Work Ethnics, Politics.

Frankly speaking, I cannot stand a man who does not face his opponent eye to eye and speaks behind his back.

I have been having difficulties working with my colleagues in SISPEC in fulfilling our roles as PTIs. I question myself, as I had the same problem in BMTC and my PTI course. Was there something really wrong with me? Inherently in the way I do things, my principles, my morals and my attitude. Time again large amounts of people say that I'm a bastard, my character sucks, I betray people or sell them out, that I am selfish etc.

Then I compare the life I lead, 'associated' with these filth of society and with the compatriots and friends I have. I have little complaint with them. I work terribly fine with them, we excel in our fields, we are determined, committed, willing to sacrifice whatever necessary to achieve a greater goal.

It is confusing at times when one side labels you as a direct opposite of what you strive to be where as the other side would trust their lives in your hands. While currently my situation in army is, I can safely say that the amount of people who has a good opinion of me vastly outnumbers the people who have bad opinions of me.

I am sad to admit that I have committed sins and broken a few military laws and went against orders in carrying out my duties thus far as a commander and a pti. I am proud to say I have broken some of them to do what I believe is right, to follow the SAF seven core values and the specialist's creed... while on the other hand, I am ashamed to say I have suffered lapses of discipline and did not enforce strict regimentation on myself.

Now I'm beginning to learn, the true price of applying morals and principles to the 'real' world. A world characterised by the cowardice of selfish humans, by the acts of unkindness towards their fellow beings, by the petty conflicts and bickering, by their very personalities which fails to abide by basic moral principles yet demanding every right to be delivered to them.

I will not stand for this. They will receive that which they deserve. Silence is only an acquiesce of the wrong which they commit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

simple hit counter