Hypocrite.
I think I'm one at times. Its strange that my morals starts to conflict in interesting ways.
For example.
Some criteria to be me
i) Honest and straightforward
ii) Regard people with courtesy if they are not rude
iii) When at work, treat people professionally without emotions
iv) Speak the truth
Picture this.
I'm talking to one of my colleagues. I'm being honest and straightforward with him. I think he is incapable and a complete incompetent but I won't say that to him because he wasn't being rude and his my colleague, so its about work. Which means I must be professional and keep my personal opinions to myself. I'm telling him the truth that he can improve on certain things or do so and so and I'm honest with what I'm saying.
However, I'm giving the false impression that I'm okay with him which I infact am not. Now I'm not being honest completely and not being straight forward.
This happens with quite a lot of people I met nowadays. That sucks majorly.
I think I'm one at times. Its strange that my morals starts to conflict in interesting ways.
For example.
Some criteria to be me
i) Honest and straightforward
ii) Regard people with courtesy if they are not rude
iii) When at work, treat people professionally without emotions
iv) Speak the truth
Picture this.
I'm talking to one of my colleagues. I'm being honest and straightforward with him. I think he is incapable and a complete incompetent but I won't say that to him because he wasn't being rude and his my colleague, so its about work. Which means I must be professional and keep my personal opinions to myself. I'm telling him the truth that he can improve on certain things or do so and so and I'm honest with what I'm saying.
However, I'm giving the false impression that I'm okay with him which I infact am not. Now I'm not being honest completely and not being straight forward.
This happens with quite a lot of people I met nowadays. That sucks majorly.

2 Comments:
An old'e friend's advice: Abide by your conscience and dignity, just be honest to yourself. That is all that matters.
The problem is when all rules of engagement are abided by. That is the paradox. Technically I have never turned away anyone who came to me under the flag of neutrality or surrender... Which technically also means that I can hate his guts but I'll speak really nicely and politely to him/her if he/she comes neutrally.
Post a Comment
<< Home