Training and solitude.
It is during my runs that I ask myself the most questions. I talk to myself constantly when I am faced with adversity. Especially the long torturous runs when I forced myself to run above a barely maintain-able pace. There after I am silent my conversation with myself finished and I am satisfied with my own answers.
I asked myself if I was meant to be a runner. I knew I am fit. I am in the prime of my youth. Competent physically and proficient in armed and unarmed combat. Unfortunately since secondary four, I couldn't run long distance to save my life. Long distance defined as anywhere beyond 1.2km or so I guess. I can sprint , I can jump, I could fight but... It all didn't matter.
Truth to be said, ever since fencing and discovering I lost my running capability... I've hated running. I avoided it like the plague. Running by itself added to my knee pains/discomforts which occurs frequently when I run on hard ground.
Other things I asked of myself, was about struggle. Running is like an extreme obtrusive obstacle to me. It is so far, the only discipline I am unable to conquer. Some times I would think it draws some parallels with my life. Of all hills in life I have crossed and rough currents ford, I could not overcome the most important and significant ones.
Which is like running. What has unfortunately become the centre of my life indirectly by the virtue of the fact that I am a PTI.
Running is a rather distasteful discipline in my opinion. I would place little trust in a person who can run really fast. In an engagement with an enemy, a person will stand and fight if he know he cannot out run the enemy. I wouldn't think people will stand and fight if they can outrun the enemy but this is just my opinion.
However, a person who trains hard, is a man of character. He trains so that he may improve himself and carry himself above and beyond. How many people would actually put in effort to make themselves a better man?
To the classic questions I've always asked myself.
Am I a strong person? Do I stand tall in life and unfailing? Have I ever faltered? Will I ever falter? Will my efforts now make a difference in the future?
And once the storm is over... I lapses into a peaceful solitude. I used to sit on the bus and watch the world go by as I returned home. Now, I ride my bicycle back and I glance at the sights and sound as I pass by the world.
Nothing remains but the silence after the storm...
And nothing matters anymore.
It is during my runs that I ask myself the most questions. I talk to myself constantly when I am faced with adversity. Especially the long torturous runs when I forced myself to run above a barely maintain-able pace. There after I am silent my conversation with myself finished and I am satisfied with my own answers.
I asked myself if I was meant to be a runner. I knew I am fit. I am in the prime of my youth. Competent physically and proficient in armed and unarmed combat. Unfortunately since secondary four, I couldn't run long distance to save my life. Long distance defined as anywhere beyond 1.2km or so I guess. I can sprint , I can jump, I could fight but... It all didn't matter.
Truth to be said, ever since fencing and discovering I lost my running capability... I've hated running. I avoided it like the plague. Running by itself added to my knee pains/discomforts which occurs frequently when I run on hard ground.
Other things I asked of myself, was about struggle. Running is like an extreme obtrusive obstacle to me. It is so far, the only discipline I am unable to conquer. Some times I would think it draws some parallels with my life. Of all hills in life I have crossed and rough currents ford, I could not overcome the most important and significant ones.
Which is like running. What has unfortunately become the centre of my life indirectly by the virtue of the fact that I am a PTI.
Running is a rather distasteful discipline in my opinion. I would place little trust in a person who can run really fast. In an engagement with an enemy, a person will stand and fight if he know he cannot out run the enemy. I wouldn't think people will stand and fight if they can outrun the enemy but this is just my opinion.
However, a person who trains hard, is a man of character. He trains so that he may improve himself and carry himself above and beyond. How many people would actually put in effort to make themselves a better man?
To the classic questions I've always asked myself.
Am I a strong person? Do I stand tall in life and unfailing? Have I ever faltered? Will I ever falter? Will my efforts now make a difference in the future?
Nothing remains but the silence after the storm...
And nothing matters anymore.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home