Perfection.
Afterthoughts on the video of a ballerina that I've watched and discussed with a friend. He told me, that when ballerinas both male and female alike take up the sport, they are informed of the damage the sport would cause for them in the long run. They will suffer from osteoporosis, bone deformity in the feet due to the poistures and movement in ballet and muscle degeneration when they retire and decline to use those muscles.
A terrible fate isn't it? And they took up the sport willingly despite all these. What is the price to pay for such achievements? I would ask, what will you be willing to give for your sport, your passion or your cause. In return for perfection, will you give your life for it? What is the art and the practitioners relationship?
The art will forever be greater than their patrons.
And they would glady sacrifice all they ever have, for the beauty of the art.
Is our lives forfeit, for our delusion of grandeur.
I would forfeit mine.
Afterthoughts on the video of a ballerina that I've watched and discussed with a friend. He told me, that when ballerinas both male and female alike take up the sport, they are informed of the damage the sport would cause for them in the long run. They will suffer from osteoporosis, bone deformity in the feet due to the poistures and movement in ballet and muscle degeneration when they retire and decline to use those muscles.
A terrible fate isn't it? And they took up the sport willingly despite all these. What is the price to pay for such achievements? I would ask, what will you be willing to give for your sport, your passion or your cause. In return for perfection, will you give your life for it? What is the art and the practitioners relationship?
The art will forever be greater than their patrons.
And they would glady sacrifice all they ever have, for the beauty of the art.
Is our lives forfeit, for our delusion of grandeur.
I would forfeit mine.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home