Thoughts several days before.
I described a friend as political in the way he has chosen to communicate. In our text based conversations, I was frank and honest in passing my information across where as he required me to read inbetween the lines, to identify implications and possible malice in the intentions behind the writing. I've always styled myself as an honest 'anti-political' approach towards people.
When we met up for a small assignment, there was a stark and extremely glaring contrast. Where as he was blunt with the people he communicated with, I found myself being reserved, cool and giving no semblance to any emotion other than a plastered half-smile. Or a half-sneer of arrogance. I even commented, "It is good to have a few aces up your sleeves..." when he dismissed my advice to him to be more subtle.
It makes me wonder, if I am truly the hypocrite. The one who hates to be scheming and yet put up a friendly demeanor.
I described a friend as political in the way he has chosen to communicate. In our text based conversations, I was frank and honest in passing my information across where as he required me to read inbetween the lines, to identify implications and possible malice in the intentions behind the writing. I've always styled myself as an honest 'anti-political' approach towards people.
When we met up for a small assignment, there was a stark and extremely glaring contrast. Where as he was blunt with the people he communicated with, I found myself being reserved, cool and giving no semblance to any emotion other than a plastered half-smile. Or a half-sneer of arrogance. I even commented, "It is good to have a few aces up your sleeves..." when he dismissed my advice to him to be more subtle.
It makes me wonder, if I am truly the hypocrite. The one who hates to be scheming and yet put up a friendly demeanor.

2 Comments:
I dont think you are a hypocrite but I do think you have a different approach to people when you speak to them online and irl. Its very noticably different actually but then again, not many people can take our actual intent into account when all we see online are words and not expressions and body language. For me, intent counts but I cannot speak for anyone else :)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home