Unfortunately, I declined to discuss of leadership. Perhaps it is to be better written another day than to write a mediocre piece.
I had a theological discussion with my friend last night. It was fruitful to certain extents though very much limited by communication through typing rather than speech, which sadly, omitted many otherwise required details. After having converse with an acquaintance on the out look of her future, I begin to view life in a fundamentally different way.
In as much as the questions I posed to her, I asked myself the questions. Life in the current modern world is based on materialism. 'All life is suffering' as Buddha has stated or reiterated somewhere to that effect. What is it then to live?
Having experienced indepth insights to life before, I begin to feel less compelled to achieve in the fields of life. Achievement, what is it for? What are our dreams for? They are nothing, merely ideas forced into us through the media, if not, indirectly corrupted us. I thought once, about innocence and how one changes slowly in their time spent in the world.
I wondered too about how innocence relates with our desires. Why would we perceive certain status as happiness or even wealth as the key solution to all happiness? As from the perspective of an animal instinct, it seems that the only necessity is a basic survival, and perhaps love, if it permits.
Thus the answer I found, was that all we appear to 'need' now, is influenced by the world. That we have to realise that we made the decision, to want, to lust, to dream, to yearn for materialism. That greed is expounded as a virtue, that jealousy is a common fault to be accepted. Those lies perhaps begain in the capitalists who created greed, to feed their own greed.
I pondered deeply upon why Buddha said, "Everything is nothing", for it goes against the basic idea of existence, laws of physics etc. Only through a supporting understanding that, 'the only thing which exists is what we are doing currently, nothing before and nothing after'... I begin to slowly understand why Buddha was able to alleviate himself from suffering. It is neither detachment nor disillusioned but rather, looking at the truth of the matter.
I had a theological discussion with my friend last night. It was fruitful to certain extents though very much limited by communication through typing rather than speech, which sadly, omitted many otherwise required details. After having converse with an acquaintance on the out look of her future, I begin to view life in a fundamentally different way.
In as much as the questions I posed to her, I asked myself the questions. Life in the current modern world is based on materialism. 'All life is suffering' as Buddha has stated or reiterated somewhere to that effect. What is it then to live?
Having experienced indepth insights to life before, I begin to feel less compelled to achieve in the fields of life. Achievement, what is it for? What are our dreams for? They are nothing, merely ideas forced into us through the media, if not, indirectly corrupted us. I thought once, about innocence and how one changes slowly in their time spent in the world.
I wondered too about how innocence relates with our desires. Why would we perceive certain status as happiness or even wealth as the key solution to all happiness? As from the perspective of an animal instinct, it seems that the only necessity is a basic survival, and perhaps love, if it permits.
Thus the answer I found, was that all we appear to 'need' now, is influenced by the world. That we have to realise that we made the decision, to want, to lust, to dream, to yearn for materialism. That greed is expounded as a virtue, that jealousy is a common fault to be accepted. Those lies perhaps begain in the capitalists who created greed, to feed their own greed.
I pondered deeply upon why Buddha said, "Everything is nothing", for it goes against the basic idea of existence, laws of physics etc. Only through a supporting understanding that, 'the only thing which exists is what we are doing currently, nothing before and nothing after'... I begin to slowly understand why Buddha was able to alleviate himself from suffering. It is neither detachment nor disillusioned but rather, looking at the truth of the matter.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home