On some sleepless nights,
Beneath, the shining moonlight.
Wouldn't you glance at the stars?
Wouldn't you lie half-asleep?
Wondering as you sigh,
Thinking as you cried.
How it could have been,
How the heavens, have sundered.
Would you bequeath, my dear.
A favour, if you will.
Tis not lust nor intimacy I seek,
Nay, you are to be honoured.
But a moment of rest is all I ask,
A moment of solitude within your peace.
Beneath, the shining moonlight.
Wouldn't you glance at the stars?
Wouldn't you lie half-asleep?
Wondering as you sigh,
Thinking as you cried.
How it could have been,
How the heavens, have sundered.
Would you bequeath, my dear.
A favour, if you will.
Tis not lust nor intimacy I seek,
Nay, you are to be honoured.
But a moment of rest is all I ask,
A moment of solitude within your peace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home