"Where is there dignity unless there is honesty?" - Cicero
With regards to recent developments in the work areas of my life. If there was anything to be said of my race at work in a few words, would be that they're dishonest and deceiving.
A harsh statement, but that much is true. I fail to understand at times, why they would ask for an opinion on the questions of a scenario. When an answer is given honestly with some thought on the matter, they would regard the commentary as a vain-glorious remark. If they were offended by that remark, they would not show it but rather smile and remember it. Should the occasion arise, they would speak ill of it.
It troubles me to realise, that I am without guile in moments such as this. I would feel that I've spent the earlier parts of my life, embracing vices while spending the later parts to forgo conviction and listen to conscience. It makes me seem immature, brat-like and conceited when I think about such issues and attempt to justify myself.
I have my faults, no doubts about that. I would ask for things I could improve on with friends, but I'm given a short list at times. Yet, when I do my best to be a straightforward and trusting man, others meet my demeanor with cold hearts. In instances where I prefer not to involve myself with pettiness and deceit, I am short changed. All of us have eyes to see, but to what with our sight grant us view? Nothing but the flaws of others and none of our own.
Why judge others, when others have not judged you?
I would ask myself this question before I attempt to 'classify' someone but others... they ask themselves not the same question. Though one can look to their feedback as given and improve on their character, it is with skepticism which I consider their opinions. If honesty is not what you desire from me, what would you prefer then? Lies?
Sadly, the more I write reflects the more I am contempted with them and my inability to 'let go' of my own anger and prejudice in my own heart. One should be true to oneself. If not, one should be true to virtue. In either circumstances, we may perhaps deceive ourselves and shrink from taking 'the harder right'.
"Do not let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
So said a man.
With regards to recent developments in the work areas of my life. If there was anything to be said of my race at work in a few words, would be that they're dishonest and deceiving.
A harsh statement, but that much is true. I fail to understand at times, why they would ask for an opinion on the questions of a scenario. When an answer is given honestly with some thought on the matter, they would regard the commentary as a vain-glorious remark. If they were offended by that remark, they would not show it but rather smile and remember it. Should the occasion arise, they would speak ill of it.
It troubles me to realise, that I am without guile in moments such as this. I would feel that I've spent the earlier parts of my life, embracing vices while spending the later parts to forgo conviction and listen to conscience. It makes me seem immature, brat-like and conceited when I think about such issues and attempt to justify myself.
I have my faults, no doubts about that. I would ask for things I could improve on with friends, but I'm given a short list at times. Yet, when I do my best to be a straightforward and trusting man, others meet my demeanor with cold hearts. In instances where I prefer not to involve myself with pettiness and deceit, I am short changed. All of us have eyes to see, but to what with our sight grant us view? Nothing but the flaws of others and none of our own.
Why judge others, when others have not judged you?
I would ask myself this question before I attempt to 'classify' someone but others... they ask themselves not the same question. Though one can look to their feedback as given and improve on their character, it is with skepticism which I consider their opinions. If honesty is not what you desire from me, what would you prefer then? Lies?
Sadly, the more I write reflects the more I am contempted with them and my inability to 'let go' of my own anger and prejudice in my own heart. One should be true to oneself. If not, one should be true to virtue. In either circumstances, we may perhaps deceive ourselves and shrink from taking 'the harder right'.
"Do not let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
So said a man.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home