Perfection.
"You've done your best. You did all that you can."
Those are familiar words we always hear. In competitions, in trials and tribulations, in times of adversity, from strangers, friends, comrades, family, brothers. But what if, your best is not enough?
What if, you wanted more. What if, you NEEDED more in order to survive? To overcome? The world isn't fair, it is a fact. Only as we live, only through our own actions can we make it fair. Three times I have tried, three times I have failed. Life isn't as poetic as it should be, the drama of suceeding on the third try.
Is it my fault perhaps? That I choose to develop myself as a fencer thus my athletic abilities in other areas suffer? Is it a weakness in the will? A lack of determination. Where is that fierce anger but slowly returning with burning seething edge.
Why. Why must I be weak, why must I strive and fight harder than everyone else for a little achievement. Everything must be sacrificed for a little something; for some measure of pride, some measure of dignity. Some measure, of meaning.
I cannot take defeat for an answer, I will not accept failure.
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in a world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it.
Impossible is merely a state of mind which does not believe.
Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion.
Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare.
Impossible is potential.
Impossible is temporary.
Impossible is Nothing.
"Victory requires no explanation while defeat allows none."
"You've done your best. You did all that you can."
Those are familiar words we always hear. In competitions, in trials and tribulations, in times of adversity, from strangers, friends, comrades, family, brothers. But what if, your best is not enough?
What if, you wanted more. What if, you NEEDED more in order to survive? To overcome? The world isn't fair, it is a fact. Only as we live, only through our own actions can we make it fair. Three times I have tried, three times I have failed. Life isn't as poetic as it should be, the drama of suceeding on the third try.
Is it my fault perhaps? That I choose to develop myself as a fencer thus my athletic abilities in other areas suffer? Is it a weakness in the will? A lack of determination. Where is that fierce anger but slowly returning with burning seething edge.
Why. Why must I be weak, why must I strive and fight harder than everyone else for a little achievement. Everything must be sacrificed for a little something; for some measure of pride, some measure of dignity. Some measure, of meaning.
I cannot take defeat for an answer, I will not accept failure.
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in a world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it.
Impossible is merely a state of mind which does not believe.
Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion.
Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare.
Impossible is potential.
Impossible is temporary.
Impossible is Nothing.
"Victory requires no explanation while defeat allows none."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home