ORD in 3 months.
I shudder at the idea of going back to civilian life; back to education, back to being a nothing. Here in the military, I have pride, I have a sense of duty, some sense of belonging with my friends, the regulars (not the NSFs unfortunately), Point d'Honneur and such. Back to that decadent decrepit excuse of a living thing. A civilian.
"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian; the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."
- Erwin Rommel
I shudder at the idea of going back to civilian life; back to education, back to being a nothing. Here in the military, I have pride, I have a sense of duty, some sense of belonging with my friends, the regulars (not the NSFs unfortunately), Point d'Honneur and such. Back to that decadent decrepit excuse of a living thing. A civilian.
"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian; the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."
- Erwin Rommel

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home