"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players!"
- William Shakespeare, As you like it.
Once again I stand at a crossroad in life,
And find myself staring down a divided road.
Whence forth should I wander I ask,
My conscience knows not the hearts of men.
And paused for a moment I did,
To consider an odd virtue or two.
I turned to glance behind me,
And with a sigh, returned to the fore.
And held my head high I did,
To stride forth against fate's blows.
I did cry in my heart for a bit,
Is there no better way,
Is there no better life?
Or has everyone lost their faith?
And all the men and women merely players!"
- William Shakespeare, As you like it.
Once again I stand at a crossroad in life,
And find myself staring down a divided road.
Whence forth should I wander I ask,
My conscience knows not the hearts of men.
And paused for a moment I did,
To consider an odd virtue or two.
I turned to glance behind me,
And with a sigh, returned to the fore.
And held my head high I did,
To stride forth against fate's blows.
I did cry in my heart for a bit,
Is there no better way,
Is there no better life?
Or has everyone lost their faith?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home