Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Last Hours.

Time counted down as I awaited my last duty. In the final twenty four hour count down, one experiences many myriad feelings all at a go. The feeling of a loss, a loss of a life style, the regulars at the company lines whom you used to work with, the traditional meal times with them but most importantly, a sudden loss of the sense of duty.

And disappointment, that my Certificate Of Service turned out horrible. Even the clerks who was going to ORD gotten at least a very good at the minimum for both performance and conduct. How can it be that they can score higher than me if I had put in more hard work than they had? Even if they did put it hard work, shouldn't I rank at least on the same level?

Felt that my entire two years was a bloody lie. The only comfort I have, is that all regulars who do not know much about me, thought I was a regular on first impression.

And in the disappointment, one is moved to thoughts of seditious acts. There in lies the flaw of passion and of men with strong determination and drive. They worked hard and tirelessly, asking for nothing in return but just perhaps, a little recognition. When the organisation turns their back on such men, their countenance becomes much wroth.

A simple lack of fair treatment in the wrong place at the wrong time can lead to the downfall of a great nation. The importance of unbias and fair play can be said, to be severely impressed on me.

Time passes slowly. The countdown carries on. Would it be a memorable day? Or a rueful day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

simple hit counter