Have a drink...
There was a person whom I met some time back in JC, who told me that interesting things happen to people when they drink. For some people they will start going crazy and does all the loony stuff once they get high. For some they will start breaking down and cry. For some they will start speaking the truth. For some they will become someone else completely. This varies from person to person.
Unfortunately I happen to be the sort who becomes very sad after drinking. I wouldn't say depress and it doesn't help that when I drink beer its because I'm feeling unhappy. Somehow there's something about the bitter taste that makes you relate it to your own personal life. And you sober up to the truth of reality sooner or later.
Once is left to think, what can one do with what he has in his hand. He can choose to cry himself to sleep every night, or to drink himself into a depression, or to weep silently in his heart every time a heart breaking event happens to him. It can be words spoken by others, it can be simply seeing other people and couples being happy and successful. It can be anything at all.
And he thinks he should have taken the bullet on his very last guard duty. Sadly to speak, the day before he ords.
Or he could rise up to the occasion and strive to make a change for the better every day. That every day, something will be done to further his own position and make things better.
Such is the disposition of what many like to call fate and lady luck. Fickle and ever changing like the winds. And after reading this short quote, I realise all too soon just how true it is.
“Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”
- Norman Cousins
There was a person whom I met some time back in JC, who told me that interesting things happen to people when they drink. For some people they will start going crazy and does all the loony stuff once they get high. For some they will start breaking down and cry. For some they will start speaking the truth. For some they will become someone else completely. This varies from person to person.
Unfortunately I happen to be the sort who becomes very sad after drinking. I wouldn't say depress and it doesn't help that when I drink beer its because I'm feeling unhappy. Somehow there's something about the bitter taste that makes you relate it to your own personal life. And you sober up to the truth of reality sooner or later.
Once is left to think, what can one do with what he has in his hand. He can choose to cry himself to sleep every night, or to drink himself into a depression, or to weep silently in his heart every time a heart breaking event happens to him. It can be words spoken by others, it can be simply seeing other people and couples being happy and successful. It can be anything at all.
And he thinks he should have taken the bullet on his very last guard duty. Sadly to speak, the day before he ords.
Or he could rise up to the occasion and strive to make a change for the better every day. That every day, something will be done to further his own position and make things better.
Such is the disposition of what many like to call fate and lady luck. Fickle and ever changing like the winds. And after reading this short quote, I realise all too soon just how true it is.
“Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”
- Norman Cousins

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home