Thursday, February 14, 2008

Trade.

It seems strange that my choice of path today may lead me back into the education industry. This time, to learn about securities and currency trading. I think back on the times which I have reasoned many times over why I shouldn't bother with a university education and why I don't really need my A level certification.

This time an unexpected relative gives help of sorts and I am surprised by what they've shared. Regardless, they urge me towards obtaining a degree in the financial line, obtain an internship in a trading firm for the experience and build up a financial reserve for trading. A conventional but still, fast tracked route.

As I move more into the world of investing and trading, I realise my 'mindset' starts changing from the need of an "innovative" and "enterprising" solution changes more to the figures, the system of sales and risk management. Businesses are no longer about how novel, how well managed it is. It becomes the questions of turn over, profitability, returns of investment and other investor-mindset related questions.

It opens up an entirely different world and it gives deep insights into how a business should be run. Concurrently, my trading has been doing well. Using paper money, I started from an initial capital of 5000 USD and reached 6000 USD currently, of which 600 USD odd is an unrealised profit. Looking to increase tomorrow hopefully before I close my positions profitably. Forex stands at 4100 USD but thats considering I made a big loss and had to continue from 3000USD. Thankfully all the losses are paper money, but each loss hurts, as if it was real money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

simple hit counter